nouveau

nouveau

The Father of Us All: War and History, Ancient and Modern

The Father of Us All: War and History, Ancient and Modern - Victor Davis Hanson very high 3 or low 4, Professor Hanson lays on the republican party agrarianism pretty thick, but if you can filter out the war drums he keeps beating, actually at times Dr. H gets almost lyrically--a good essay on the [b:Anabasis|1355677|Anabasis|Saint-John Perse|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348101094s/1355677.jpg|1345392], for example being almost Paul Fussell in quality.

Hanson remind us, a number of times, that he is a classicist professor, and while Latin and Greek are of course great subjects to study, of course all of us much prefer more modern subjects. yeah sure, ancient greek philosophy can also completely explain the world today, but you know, i like my youtube, i like my google, I'd get glass if it were a little cheaper. I'd photograph short-skrited girls surreptitiously. who is going to do what about this?

20% footnotes. Hanson's thesis: war explains everything. war studies is a great subject. war studiers are discriminated against. classics underlie all other subjects. thank you Hanson.