nouveau

nouveau

Mass Casualties: A Young Medic's True Story of Death, Deception, and Dishonor in Iraq - Michael  Anthony decent rather than gripping, Specialist Michael Anthony was a Combat Support Medic for a year in Iraq, and if the true military memoir reader is looking for combat, combat, combat, to that degree we have no dramatic-clearing of insurgent-held city blocks, we have no Willie Peet dripped on a particularly troublesome compound, we have little or no tank/helicopter action, just casualty casualty casualty, rear-echelon messup rear-echlon messup rear-echelon messup

I can't recommend this to the hard-core military history reader. however, the work is not valueless. it contains a lot of content about how poor relationships and a poor morale group suffering from tremendous problems/drama play out-- perhaps in the same vein as that Joaquin River movie about soldiers in Germany in the 80s, everybody strung out, nothing working, problems with natives.

if you're a hard-core Iraq War reader, call this a 3/5 competent work. if you're not interested in war, the rating probably drops to 2/5. I wish the author had researched some after leaving Iraq, so we could learn some of the stories of the people he treated; instead, we have a personal memoir about growing drug addiction.